Blood glucose monitoring is a wonderful tool that will allow you to learn more about your diabetes and your body.
Blood glucose values are like pieces to a puzzle. The more pieces of the puzzle you have, the clearer the big picture will be.
Blood glucose monitoring provides data for you and your healthcare team to:
- Identify trends in glucose control
- Identify factors that may cause high or low glucose values
- Evaluate the impact of food, activity or medications on your diabetes
- Identify where changes in the treatment plan are needed
- Decide what you need to do when you are sick
- Confirm whether or not the feelings you have are the result of a low or high blood glucose, or if it is something unrelated to your diabetes.