Travel Tips for People With Diabetes
- Carry an ID that says you have diabetes.
- Learn how to say “I have diabetes” and “sugar” or “orange juice” in the languages of foreign countries you plan to visit.
- Take extra diabetes medications and supplies you need in case you need to stay longer or have travel problems.
- Pack your medicine and supplies in your carry on luggage. This includes all pills, your glucometer and supplies, insulin (if you take it) and snacks.
Other general travel tips:
- Do not use insulin from another county. It may be different that what you use here.
- Continue to check your blood sugar regularly
Relax and enjoy your travels. With your preparation, you can leave the worries behind and have a great time!
Travel Tips For People with Diabetes was last modified: March 17th, 2018 by
Article Tags:air travel tips for diabetes · diabetes travel insurance · travel tips · travel tips for diabetics · travel with diabetes · traveling with diabetes
Article Categories:Organ Health