World Health Organization (WHO) defines health as the state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity. Staying healthy is thus a multi-dimensional endeavor.
To understand how to maintain or improve health, you first need to know where you stand. There is no one single step to check your health status. And so, instead of you worrying over researching a long list of checks and tests, we provide you a one stop solution. Follow the links below to access our wide variety of tests designed to suit your needs.
Taking care of your physical health essentially means having a healthy body. A fit body and strong immune system not only helps you to be more productive and active but also adds years to your life. Here is a four step approach to help you develop a healthy lifestyle.
- Eat healthy: Eating a nutritious diet, rich in vitamins, proteins, minerals, and fibers is indispensable for your body to function properly. Consuming processed food rich in trans-fats or sugar with no nutritious value is difficult for the body to process and negatively affects blood sugar levels which leads to many health complications.
- Exercise regularly: Some amount of physical activity is crucial to maintain your body health. A regular workout even if for a minimum of thirty minutes, involving some kind of cardiovascular activity, is highly recommended.
- Sleep right: Every machine needs timely rest, your body is no different. It recovers and repairs itself while sleeping. But sleeping is not enough; one should also have the right sleeping habits. Irregular and erratic sleeping patterns harm your body as much as lack of sleep.
- Get regular check-ups: Falling sick is the most obvious sign of dysfunction in the body. However, there are ailments which don’t always show signs until it’s too late for you to take any corrective or controlling measures. So, ensure you get full body check-ups done on a regular basis.
Maintaining your mental or emotional health involves your overall psychological well-being. This includes your feelings about yourself, your relationships and your ability to deal with difficulties. In today’s competitive and fast paced world, stress related problems are fast turning into an epidemic. Follow these easy tips to ensure you take care of your emotional health.
- Take sufficient rest: Sleep well and take regular break from work. Overworking is often the biggest cause of stress. Resting your body will help rejuvenate it and increase your productivity
- Invest in your relationships: Developing healthy and enriching relationships will not only put you in a better mind-frame but also provide you the support you support. Spending quality time with friends and family is a mood booster and can help relieve stress.
- Indulge in different activities: Take time out for your interests and hobbies. Be it painting, cooking, or even going on long walks, any activity that breaks your routine will prove to be a stress buster. Even meditating for few minutes every day will help you relax.
Maintaining good health is often treated as an enigma, however, the answer lies in an overall healthy lifestyle. Mental health compliments or physical health and vice versa. Remember to balance both sides, and you will be good to go.