Diabetic patients must get an annual liver function test done to evaluate the proper functionality of the vital organ. Diabetes is known to increase the risk of a person suffering from a non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, a condition wherein the excess fat builds up in the liver even when the consumption of alcohol is in moderate or lower quantities.
The best way to keep your liver healthy is to get a liver function test done and pay heed to these below mentioned tips and strategies:-
- Closely work your doctor to achieve good control of your blood sugar.
- Lose weight if need be, and try to maintain a healthy weight.
- Take necessary steps to reduce high blood pressure.
- Keep your cholesterol in check
- Do not consume alcohol in excess quantities.