How do I inject Insulin?
1. Get all your Supplies:
- Insulin (Verify)
- Alcohol wipe
- Disposable gloves
- Sharps Container
2. Wash Hands and roll the insulin vial between your palms.
3. Clean insulin Vial and let it dry
4. Pull the plunger down to number of units to be taken
5. Inject Air into the insulin bottle
6. Draw out the number of units of insulin:
7. Select the injection site
- Outer arms
8.Pinch your skin and inject needle into skin at 90°
9. Push the plunger inside
10. Release the pinch and then take out the needle.
11. Dispose of the syringe into sharps container.
12. Record time, dosage and blood glucose value.
13. Have your food.