Did you know that skipping breakfast can increase your chances of having a heart attack by 27%? Besides, it can increase your chances of developing diabetes by 54%. Skipping breakfast even leads to a whole host of health issues – weight gain, mood swings, increased risk of cancer, suppressed cognitive functioning, migraine, hair loss, and disturbed metabolism, to name a few.
Our hectic lifestyle hardly ever allows us time for a well-cooked, healthy breakfast. However, there are plenty of recipes for fixing a quick and healthy meal to help you sail through the day.
Bananas are rich in potassium and mangoes are loaded with fiber and antioxidants. Curd is an excellent source of potassium, magnesium, and vitamin B-12. Spinach is high in protein, vitamins, and fiber, and low in fat. A smoothie combines all these nutrients, offering you a host of health benefits.
Preparation time: 5 minutes, Calories: 347 kcal, Ingredients: 1 banana, 1 cup spinach, ¼ cup frozen mango, 1 cup curd (for the smoothie); honey and chopped banana for the topping.
- Cut the fruits and mix in a blender.
- Start blending at low speed till the mixture becomes creamy.
- Transfer to another bowl.
- Top it off with honey and banana pieces.
Quick oatmeal cup
Oats keep you full for as long as six hours. They are also rich in fibre and antioxidants, and help lower bad cholesterol levels.
Preparation time: 5 minutes, Calories: 300 kcal, Ingredients: ½ cup oats, 1 chopped apple, ½ tbsp sugar.
- Combine all the ingredients in a jar. Make sure the lid is closed tightly. Store the ingredients in the jar till you are ready to eat it.
- When you are hungry, just add some boiling water to the jar. Stir it well and let it rest for a few minutes
This smoothie will keep you going for a long time. Added benefits include easy digestion and a boost of energy early in the morning.
Preparation time: 8 minutes, Calories: 259 kcal, Ingredients: 1 ripe banana, 1 cup curd, sugar (optional), water, ice cubes.
- Chop the banana and mix with the curd.
- Blend on medium mode till it becomes thick.
- Take out and transfer to a tall glass.
- Serve with ice cubes.
Drinking mango lassi in the morning helps with digestion and boosts your immune system, and it’s delicious!
Preparation time: 8 minutes, Calories: 700 kcal, Ingredients: 3 ripe mangoes, 500 g curd, 1 tbsp honey..
- Mix all ingredients and blend in medium mode until it becomes thick and creamy.
- Pour into a tall glass.
Peanut butter, banana, and chia toast
Add some superfoods to your breakfast with this quick toast recipe. Loaded with calcium, vitamins, and minerals, the recipe combines protein and fibre to keep you feeling full for a long time.
Preparation time: 5 minutes, Calories: 210 kcal, Ingredients: 1 slice whole-grain bread, 1 tbsp peanut butter, ½ sliced banana, ½ tbsp chia seeds.
- Toast the bread.
- Spread peanut butter on the toast.
- Place banana slices.
- Top with chia seeds and serve.
A healthy breakfast is essential for optimum daily nutrition. These recipes are meant for those days when you just don’t have time for an elaborate breakfast. Try one of these recipes next time you find yourself racing against the clock.