1. What is Microbiology?
Microbiology is the study of all living organisms that are too small to be visible with the naked eye. This includes bacteria, archaea, viruses, fungi, prions, protozoa and algae, collectively known as 'microbes'. These microbes play key roles in nutrient cycling, biodegradation/bio deterioration, climate change, food spoilage, the cause and control of disease, and biotechnology.
2. Why should you choose LPL for Microbiology testing?
- We handle close to the tune of 2000 samples a day and conduct diverse tests right from the Microscopy to Bacteriology to Mycobacteriology to Mycology to Serological investigation
- All tests are CAP accredited
- Strong menu of more than 100 specialized test which are conducted on day to day basis for 365 days and 24x7 basis
- Our department boasts of MALDITOF system which identifies any complex organism in less than a minute and Dr Lal path lab is one of the first labs in private sector which started reporting all identifications with way back since 2013
- All plate streaking is automated and done on a platform called Previisola again one of the first systems introduced in 2015.This guarantees the quality and standardization of isolates leading to total reduction of false negativity.
- Besides staining and microscopy including media making is done on automated platforms ensuring quality results each time the test is conducted.
- We are the pioneers on Tb lab diagnosis front as we possess state of the art BSL 3 TB lab which is capable of handling diverse test in Mycobacteriology i.e. Right from Tb culture to identification of isolates from Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex and atypical Mycobacteria with speciation.